AN INCUBATOR AS A SERVICE
The NEXT Incubator is the innovative ideas workshop from Energie Steiermark. We help our customers to explore the areas in which it makes sense to innovate and/or support them as they put innovation into practice.
We don’t just take Silicon Valley as the model for the way we work, we work WITH them. In Plug’n’Play we have a strong partner with whom we work both in Berlin and in the USA to generate ideas for our customers. Our extensive network also includes other noted partners (Pioneers, Science Park etc.), who help us bring think tanks and businesses together.
If you’re going to develop new and forward‑looking ideas, you need a space for innovative thinking that is both open and safe. Combining your challenges and expertise with our digitalization experience and a coaching‑based approach, we help you to develop a concept and then a practical, individualised solution for the look and implementation of your innovation.
We take a targeted, time‑optimised and effective approach to help you find what you’re looking for.
HOW WE DO IT
INCUBATOR PROCESS IN DETAIL
Support with defining topic areas. A variety of workshop formats from initial brainstorming through to presentation of your specific concept.
- TREND WORKSHOP
- INNOVATION WORKSHOP
- IDEAS WORKSHOP
- Designing a targeted, customised invitation to tender
- Joint development of startup call*
- Joint definition of channels
- Focus on:
- the client
- his/her team
*A startup call gives you the chance to reach out to the startup community and get to know young entrepreneurs and their ideas, so that you can bring innovation into your business.
- Publication of invitation to tender on selected channels (range of platforms*)
- Over 600,000 startups targeted
- Regular quality reviews of incoming applications
- Refinement of invitation to tender as necessary
- Additional scouting via NEXT Incubator networks**
* We use platforms that specifically target start-ups and innovative entrepreneurs.
** Our network includes the Plug and Play Techcenter in the USA as well as a range of research, development and innovation partners.
Make a long list short
- Applications sifted and evaluated by external/internal experts
- Initial long list drawn up for the client
- Joint evaluation to further refine the selection
- Opportunity for client to interrogate solutions in detail in a professional telephone conference
- Joint finalisation of short list (5–6 innovative solutions)
Meet up & work out
- Professional workshop between businesses and client
- Professional conduct of workshop
- Organisation & preparation
- Moderation & time management
- Documentation of results & follow‑up
- Range of workshop formats available from our repertoire of formats (world café, hackathon, rotating discussion, buzz groups, information path/marketplace, Open Space, etc.)
- Assistance with the implementation of 1–2 innovative pilot projects*
- Support with embedding innovations in the business
- Provision of resources to enable projects to be implemented quickly and efficiently
- Support for project management in the planning and implementation phases
- Development of milestones
- Definition of actions for project management and project team
- Monitoring of milestones and actions
- Support with coordination and communication
* Assistance/support here entails the client providing a team of experts to implement the pilot, who will be assisted by external/internal experts from NEXT.
Each customer has entirely individual needs. We will be happy to adapt our services to suit you. We believe in taking the time to have an initial, no-commitment meeting and look forward to hearing from you. Because we can only provide you with the best service if we understand what you want.